Monday, November 14, 2011

enthusiasm x 20

Yesterday, I took Caroline to see the movie Puss in Boots. Everyone we passed on the sidewalk was told where we were going, what we were seeing, how excited she was. Caroline's not very shy.

When we got to the concession stand, she told the young woman manning the popcorn, "I am here to see Puss in Boots!"

The woman smiled and asked if she was excited. Of course, this started a 5 minute talkathon that ended with, "By the way, my name is Caroline. Do you remember me from when I saw Toy Story 3?"

The woman tried not to laugh and shot me a look, but she played along. "I think so! You really liked it, right?"

Caroline nodded, and we started to carry away our popcorn and drinks, and she shouted over her shoulder, "Thanks for everything!" Then she turned to me and loudly said, "Goodness, Mom, everyone here is so nice!"

No comments: