Friday, August 31, 2012

ready or not, here she comes

The other day, we had our meet the teacher/back to school party deal at Caroline's school.  After we visited with her former kindergarten teacher, we went out to the playground, and she looked at me and said, "Can you believe it?  No more kindergarten for me.  I'm finally a grader for the first time in my life!"  

...

Her new class has 8 kids from her old class, and all of them are friends.  Her new teacher has created quite a buzz within the 6-7 year old set with her class theme... they are SECRET AGENTS!  Each locker has a faux keypad and biometric scanner with the kid's name on it -- Special Agent Caroline.  The door is covered with yellow tape and restricted access signage.  The teacher advised the kids that they can't go in until the first day of school because there is a big surprise waiting.  [Hopefully it's not a waterboarding training session.]  This has built a lot of suspense and excitement... and detracts from the horrifying fact that, this year, it's the only first grade class in the kindergarten hallway. 

My nerd child had to be pried away from the back to school party, which is essentially is the death knell of summer, as she groaned, "I don't want to go.  I wish school was starting right now!!!"


No comments: