Monday, June 25, 2012

mrow

Well, we adopted two little sister kittens a month ago.  They are neither Siamese nor Russian Blue, and she still trusts me.   The element of surprise must have helped her forget about that little requirement.



We let each girl choose a name.  Caroline chose Jane after some careful thought.  Sylvie chose Purple Dinosaur after no thought.  She's 2, after all.  We call Purple Dinosaur "Petey" most of the time. So now we have Jane and Petey, and the house feels right again.

Jane has patches of pretty grey and white, and because of this, Caroline is telling everyone that she is a newly created designer cat.  "She's a Ralico.  Part Russian Blue, part Calico.  She's the first Ralico.  That's why it's not in the books yet."

And she announced last night that she could smell each cat's special cat scent.

"I can totally smell them, Mom.  I can.  Only cats can smell other cats' scents.  I have to be at least 1/4 cat.  I'm 1/4 cat!!  And that quarter is definitely Siamese.  I have blue eyes."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always a highlight to read these stories. Love the specificity - only 1/4 Siamese!