Sunday, November 1, 2009

bring out the dancing bears

We had talked up the fun of playing in leaves. We told her about jumping in piles, rolling around, getting buried in them... the works. She was very excited, and we dangled the privilege of playing in the autumn splendor as a reward. If she took a good nap, she would be allowed to join me in the yard as I raked.

She did take a good nap. And she came running out of the house and jumped into a pile. I used the rake to bury her in leaves. She giggled a little. I told her she could roll around or throw them or whatever she wanted, and I went back to raking. I looked across the yard a few minutes later, and she was still sitting in one of the piles. I yelled, "Isn't this great?!"

She stood up and walked over to me with a defeated look on her face.

"Mom, I'm not really very entertained by this."

No comments: