Monday, November 9, 2009

a new stall tactic

"I just have to ask you ONE little question before I fall asleep. But it does have a LOT of words..."

Then there was a desperate, nonsensical soliloquy about "finding something thick enough to hang this little ring on so that the ponies don't hurt themselves." There was also a demonstration of the ring hanging on my closet door knob with a pony swinging face first on it and into the door and screaming in pain. When she finally paused to take a breath, I said, "Isn't this supposed to be a question?"

"Yes, Mama. The question comes at the end, but I still have a few more things to add before I get to the question part..."

I asked her a question of my own -- whether she wanted to continue this charade of a stall and thus not get to go to the playground, or if she wanted to nap.

"This isn't a stall. This is important PONY SAFETY talk!"

No comments: