Tuesday, April 27, 2010

well now it all makes sense

En route to Target, I warned Caroline that this was a soap- and prescription-gathering trip only. No toys. She asked why, and I told her it was because we don't always get toys when we want them, her birthday is coming up, etc. She said, "Oh." And then I threw in the last word with, "Plus, you are getting toooo spoiled!" She sat quietly for a couple minutes. Then she piped up.

"Hey, Mama. I know why I'm too spoiled. It's because you use such big words and big ways to tell me 'no,' but I have these tiny little ears, and they just can't hear you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the excuse? Little ears?

Valerie said...

Oh I swear- this is the best yet!

Crystal said...

oh my goodness, that one is the greatest! Its so funny imagining a little girl saying these such developed thoughts.

Camile said...

OH she is one for the book! I LOVE it lol. cute!

~Cam