Thursday, March 5, 2009

a dramatic morning

I should have suspected that this morning would be full of productions. After all, I was rudely awakened by a 2 year old grabbing my shirt and desperately pleading, "My Backyardigans are hurt! I need my doctor kit! Now! MAMA! It's a eeeeeemergency!"

It hasn't really slowed down since then. It's 9:30am. We've had puppet shows; she's spent 20 minutes as a cat who finally, miraculously [thankfully] turned back into a girl; we have sought out "intruders"; and even my hand has been a Mama Hand to her two Baby Hands, who needed comforting because the Daddy Hand went to work and they wanted him home.

So it should be no real surprise that in the 30 seconds of real Caroline time this morning, the only brief window when she wasn't acting or directing in a drama, her doll stroller got stuck on a corner of a rug and she fell to the floor and cried out, "Why is everything impossible?!"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my -- what a pip! She makes me laugh!