Thursday, March 18, 2010

an understated affair, to be sure

We have begun planning Caroline's fourth birthday party. Yes, it is a whopping 75 days away, but it is her first "friends party," and I like to do things homemade and personal. So it's going to take me some time to get things planned, made, and done.

We won't be doing a bounce house, a petting zoo, clowns for hire, or knife jugglers. She has, however, made a request for "one of those attention guys. You know, the ones that are all shaky in the sky with the crazy hair."

It took me a couple minutes to realize she meant these:



I quickly denied this request. I am making her cake, for crying out loud. For her party that will be held in our backyard. Without corporate sponsors. Or used automobiles available for purchase.

"But Mama... Come on! Come on! You know it would be so great. He could be in our front yard!"

Oh sure, to greet the parents and children... and motioning to aircraft flying over our fair city.

"He's so great and cheerful, Mama. He will be perfect. And I will name him 'Fancy Man.' This party is going to be so amazing."

3 comments:

Brittany said...

'Fancy Man',
Also known as: Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man! (Family Guy)

She gives me a smile, or a giggle almost every day. She's got a gift. :)

Beatriz said...

hahahha - what a thing to request!!

Ani said...

HAHAHAHAHA I knew what she meant!