Friday, January 15, 2010

just call me the asteroid

I was cooking dinner and got a free show.

"Look Mom. I'm a mama pteranodon... I'm hatching my baby pteranodons. Oooooh... oh it hurts." She sat on nesting plastic bowls, which she identified as cracking eggs. "They're here! Look at my baby pteranodons!"

She spied a Costco-sized jar of dried parsley on the counter.

"Hey, those are leaves. Pteranodons eat leaves! I will feed my babies."

I had visions of 1000000000 parsley bits flying through the air. Permission denied.

"Okay fine, Mom. We'll just be EXTINCT."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

[And no, I did not know what a pteranodon was, nor did I know how to spell it until I asked her father.

And no, they did not eat leaves. Had I known that at the time, I could have used it as an out without being the EXTINCTINATOR.

However, had I used that knowledge to my advantange, she might have asked for raw chicken.]

Jen said...

We are heavy into pteranadons in our house. My 2 year old has started naming other animals the names from Dinosoar Train.