Monday, May 18, 2009

time out for mom

It was a very repetitive morning. She repeatedly kept fiddling with something, and that resulted in repeatedly coming to me and asking for my help in fixing it. Repeatedly. And did I mention that this was repeatedly? It was. And the caffeine hadn't even kicked in yet.

So on the 47th "Can you fix this..." I calmly told her, "Ok, I will help you with this once more. But since you keeping coming to me with the same problem over and over, next time, I can't help you. You'll have to try to figure it out on your own first."

She walked close to me and looked me in the eye. "Are you grumpy today? It's very important to be nice, Mama. Maybe you need to think about that for a little bit. I'll be over here. Let me know if you feel nice again."

1 comment:

piecemeal people said...

Oh, if only they WOULD stay 'over there' and let US come to THEM when we're ready to be nice...sigh...